If you are running kde, you can use standard unix wall command (as
root), KDE includes something called kwrited which will pick up unix
write messages and display them in X.
Sadly I have yet to find a non-kde replacement and kwrited seems to
crash if it is called without the rest of kde running. I always found it
most annoying that one cannot get unix write messages in X unless you
are using KDE or in a terrminal emulator , especially as these messages
are so widely used (for example for shutdown and reboot warnings).

If anybody knows of an alternative program to do this, please let me
know, otherwise I'll probably write one when I have time, it cannot be
very difficult.

A.J.
On Thu, 2003-07-24 at 07:01, Technique wrote:
> Hello
>
> I just want to send a message for all the LTSP Client Open
>
> Is there something how can do this ?
>
> Thanks

Do not try to think outside the box. That's impossible.
Instead only try to realise the truth....There is no box.

A.J. Venter
Tech Guru
DireqLearn.