On Tue, 5 Aug 2003, Rudolf Rittmann wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have installed K12LTSP on a Redhat 9.0 , with 2 working test
> workstations. My problem is with configuring my Network Cards
> (3C905CX-TX-M) with MBA. Anybody has ideas on how to make this work.

The 3-com MBA is not really PXE, so far as I can determine
from my bench experiments.  It needs a modification of the
boot image provided with a tool, the source of which, is not
published.  The 3-com site has seveal descriptive pieces,
which I have compiled at the 'Manufacturers' section at:
   http://www.owlriver.com/tips/pxe-install/

In aqnatity, I have been able to purchase the Intel Pro/100+
and Pro/100S PCI Nic's for under $10 US off of EBay.  These
cards (except for the crippled tringular shaped card), ALL
have true PXE support built in -- it may be hidden -- type
'ctrl-S' immediately after the bios messages to re-enable its
visibility -- and have worked flawlessly for me.

If you succeed making the 3-com version work with a plain PXE
image, or even solve getting an Open Source tool to do the
needed iamge change, please let me know.

- Russ Herrold