I am making an LTSP installation for a bank (more or less 80 workstations)
and I'm doing just fine, but I get the same problem on two old stations:
The kernel doesn't boot. One of them is a Pentium I @ 60 MHz with 32 Mb of
RAM, and the other is a 486 with 16 Mb of RAM. I have tried with different
NICs on both machines but it still won't boot. The last message that I get
is "Uncompressing Linux... Ok, booting the kernel" and then it hangs.
I am using a Compaq server with SuSE Linux 8.2 and the boot images
provided by ROM-O-MATIC (or something like that).

I've also tried compiling my own kernel, but even though it does start
booting the kernel, it hangs because it cannot mount the root fs.

Could somebody please give me a hint on which way to go? (Or should I just
toss these old PCs?)

Thanks,

   Juru

This email was sent using SquirrelMail.