Hi,

I've managed to get LTSP to authenicate against an NT
server using pam_winbind.  I'm not an expert but I
might try and write it up at some stage...

HOWEVER

I can't see how to use the users NT home directory to
be the linux home directory.  I keep seeing things
about

template homedir = /home/winnt/%D/%U

but can't see how I'm meant to map or mount the NT
drive to this point.

Any one care to help?

thanks,

Richard Rothwell
Handsworth Grammar School

Some background...

We are a long way down replacing the whole ICT
department computers with a LTSP setup.  Due to the
way we are changing over I want to leave the NT
servers for the authentication and main file server -
for the time being.  This is at least in part to
maintain confidence on the part of our technician who
is rapidly becoming an LTSP convert.

Having read the materials out there it seems that this
is the hard way of doing things, and it would have
been much easier to use samba the other way around.
Oh well, can only start from where we are.