Hi all,

i run into some strange problems mounting a LOCAL floppy. This is on running a
local application (connect to the terminal via rsh).
First i removed the busybox symlink and copied a real "mount" to the
ltsp-root/bin. The mount as setuid and is owned by root. In /etc/fstab the entry
allows usermount. Trying this config on der SERVER a normal user can mount the
floppy (the one on the server!). Trying the same config on the ltsp terminal,
mount responds with "only root can do this". Should say i use mount -n .... so
that the mtab entry is not written (read-only fs!!).

Second i tried the autofs. The mountpoint is in the users home directory an has
the propper permissions. When accessing the virutal dir specified by the autofs
config, the floppy is accessed but i get a "no permission". To verify the autofs
setup, it tried to automount a nfs share. This share is mounted successfully. So
i think its a problem with the device permissons of the floppy device. But i
don't know how to change them as they seem to be correct. I've a symlink from
/dev/fd0 to /dev/floppy/0 which seems to be created by the devfsd. /dev/floppy/0
has rwx permission for user+group+other. The symlink has r-x for ugo and i
cannot change this even using the root user. I tried to use /dev/floppy/0 for
mounting but no success. Ether mount nor automount succeed as normal user.

I use ltsp_kernel-3.0.10-0.i386.rpm + ltsp_core-3.0.9-0.i386.rpm from the ltsp
site.

Again: i try to access the floppy locally from the terminal. Not from the
server.

Any hints?

Regards

Rudolf Kollien
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Never trust a operating system you have no sources for