We've set up a small group of PCs acting as Internet
kiosks.  With 4 or less machines, it works great.
After the 5th PC connects, the performance for the
users starts to degrade - browsing seems slower and
window movement becomes less smooth.  With more than 6
clients active, the screens become noticeably jerky.
Previously these PCs were running Windows 2000, and
browsed the internet smoothly on a 10M hub.

Here's the setup:

Server -
Dell: 1.1Ghz Celeron, IDE ATA-100 drive, 512MB ram
Red Hat 9
LTSP 3.0.9
running KDE customized for autologin and a minimal
desktop with the only application being
MozillaFirebird .61  There are no other applications
running on the server, and only MozillaFirebird is
offered on the client.

Clients:
HP Brios, Celeron 500, 64 MB RAM, Intel i810 video

Network:
Dell 10/100 switch.  It appears the server and clients
are all connecting at 100.  The upstream connection to
the internet is 10 MB to router.

We've run the system monitoring utility on the server,
it doesn't look like the CPU, memory or drive is maxed
out, and there doesn't appear to be much swapping.
I'm not too savvy on linux performance monitoring
though...

Any general thoughts on what to look at short of a
faster server?  I'd like to get to 8 clients with the
existing hardware if possible.  Is there some basic
tuning/setup step I've missed?  Is 4-5 clients all I
should expect from a Celeron server?

Thanks

Tim