Am Freitag, 17. Oktober 2003 13:54 schrieb Peter N. Vargo (LTS):
> Hello Georg (and all group)
>
> Thanks for answer.
> I'm using ltsp about half a year.
> I don't know version (I think some 3.x.y).
> I don't want to add ANY unoffcial sources to my sources.list.

IMHO this does not make sense if you install the packages afterwards
manually. The effect is the same, since
deb http://termserv.berlios.de/debian stable main non-free
will only pull in LTSP packages. But of course this is your choice.

> BUT, I want to upgrade & try new ltsp versions.
>
> Can i do (withou uninstalling):
> dpkg -i ltsp-core-i386_3.0.7-3_all.deb

Yes. But this is rather a dpkg question and is answered in the dpkg manual.

> (do I need it?)

That depends on the version you have now and wether you have problems.

> dpkg -i
> http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/ltsp/ltsp-kernel-2.4.22-i386_3.0.11-0_
>all .deb
> (do I need it?)

That depends on the version you have and wether you have problems with it.

> and thats all?

No. Since you can install several kernel packages in parallel (you even can
run different kernels on different clients), you need to adjust dhcpd.conf
accordingly.

> Will it HARM my system?
> (because i'll be fired up :)

What answer do you expect? Of course I cannot guarantee anything, but many
people are using the packages without problems.

> Is there somewhere (unofficial?) 2.4.22LTSP-LPP?
> People like LPP :) (and i like people ;)

None that I am aware of.

Georg