On Wed, 29 Oct 2003, Morten Abrahamsen wrote:
> We have put up a LTSP enviroment and it is working well. My problem is that
> all our students still need to use WIn2000 T.S to use a study program that
> we use. My Question is if i can print out from the Win 2000 TS to the
> printer that is working on the  LTSP client in the classrooms. Can someone
> explain me how to do if it can be done?
Morten,
        this is very easy: Define the printer on a terminal, make sure the
address is static. on windoze define an hp-jetdirect printer, you can also
set up a printer queue using "tcp printer". that's all. works like a charm
for me.
        another way: define the printer on the terminal, as above, create
a print queue on the ltsp server, export printers by samba, use the
printer in windoze by defining it as "\\ltsp-server-name\print-queue".
also works like a charm for me. julius