I'm mystified too, but I'm pretty easily mystified.
Can you tell if the request is being received by tftpd and the image is actually being sent out?
tcpdump -E tcp udp 69
should capture the tftp request - I'm not sure about the sending of the image. You may have to do it again for ports 68 and 67 while the client tries to boot up.
Of course /etc/exports has to allow the new 10.5.112. subnet to mount just like /etc/hosts.allow changed to expose portmap, bootpd and tftpd. But it sounds like the boot up isn't getting that far.
Network wizards feel free to jump in! I'm not much help I'm afraid.
~h.

Jeff Self wrote:

I changed my /etc/hosts.allow to this:

bootpd: 0.0.0.0
in.tftpd: ALL : ALLOW
portmap: ALL : ALLOW

Restart thin client. It gets the ip address and then hangs at Loading
the kernel again. I've got firewalls turned off on the server as well.
So I'm stumped.