> The install-scripts returns the following messages:
>
> ldconfig: Can't stat /usr/X11R6/lib/Xaw3d: No such file or directory
> ldconfig: Can't stat /usr/i486-linux/lib: No such file or directory
> ldconfig: Can't stat /usr/i486-linux-libc6/lib: No such file or
> directory
> ldconfig: Can't stat /usr/i486-linuxaout/lib: No such file or directory
> ldconfig: Can't stat /usr/i386-suse-linux/lib: No such file or directory
> ldconfig: Can't stat /usr/openwin/lib: No such file or directory
> ldconfig: Can't stat /opt/kde/lib: No such file or directory
> ldconfig: Can't stat /opt/kde2/lib: No such file or directory
> (repeats several times)

The install scripts uses ldconfig to check if the required files are
installed.  But it seems that ldconfig encounters an error when it
checks your system.  The reason might be that you removed some libraries
but failed to run ldconfig again.

Things to do:

1. Open /etc/ld.so.conf and see if the directories mentioned by the
error are there.  Then check if those directories really exists.  If
they are no longer on the system then remove the entries in ld.so.conf.
Then run ldconfig with no parameters.

2. Run 'ldconfig -v' and see if you still have errors.  If there are no
errors then run the sound install script.

Note: The script will fail to install the nasd utlities as the script
contains some errors.  If you want to install the utilities then just
copy them manually.  The utilities are in the nasbin directory.  Put
auinfo in /usr/sbin and auplay in /bin.  Then chmod +x the files to make
them executables.

Or you may want to download my own package with the updated install
script from http://www.info.com.ph/~hhao/ltsp_sound-3.0.1-hh-i386.tgz

Holden