Hello,
how can I force the screen resolution on the X-server to 800x600 on the client machine
using
XFree86 4.1 ? It appears that the resolution is automatically determined by the
hardware of the
monitor connected. A modern monitor produces this resolution or even better ; if  I do
not
connect any monitor 640x480 is chosen and when I connect older (non plug and play)
monitor,
640x 480 is chosen too, though theses monitors are able to do 800x600.
Frank