Aha!  I think I have a clue what's wrong.

In ltsp-4, there isn't a build_x3_cfg script for building the
XF86Config file.  There is one for the X 4.x but not for the 3.3.6.

I'll see if I can whip up a script today for that.

In the meantime, try setting your XSERVER = s3
that will cause it to use the X 4.3.99 version of the Xserver, and
it will use build_x4_cfg, which does exist.

When I get the build_x3_cfg script finished, i'll post it to the
list.

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]