Pei Chiou wrote:

I'm newbee in LTSP and I whish to know if I could migrate a novell 4
with 50 DOS clients to LTSP with 50 DOS clients and also gain
perfomance? Do the server has to be a Dual Processored or a simgle
processored PIV is enough to do the job?

Thanks in advance,

Pei Chiou

Try loading LTSP with shell only clients. Load the DOSEMU (DOS emulator for Linux that allows you to run DOS under Linux). Put a shell script that launches DOSEMU and your application inside DOS.

With any centralized server, the main thing that will determine how well your clients can operate is memory. Load as much memory as your machine can handle (and you can afford).

One single CPU could handle the load, provided it was fast enough and you had enough memory.

Sorry for such a vague answer,

Ken Cobler