hi

> > i want to use a kernel 2.6 Kernel on Server and Client. I created a
> > bootdisk with rom-o-matic. I can boot the kernel, but i he can't mount
> > the NFS root from the server. I red linux/Documentation/nfsroot.txt so
> > it seems, that i have to use kernel params, but i don't know how.
>

> LTSP doesn't use the kernel-based nfs-root.  It hasn't since back in
> the days of LTSP-2.
>
> We use an initrd as the root filesystem, and then do the mounting of the
> root fs over nfs in user space.  The ltsp_initrd_kit is used for that.
>
> I've not tried 2.6.x yet, and i've not heard of anybody else being
> successful at it.  I've not heard of failures either.  It should be
> doable, i'm just not ready to jump into it myself yet.

1) In my opinion you really don't need 2.6 for the clients

2) Having said that I want the soft realtime features for my embedded stuff
   based on ltsp-4, and it's not trivial.

   You need to add the module-init-tools-0.9.14.tar.gz to the source of
   ltst-4, build and use it, as the standard mod-tools don't work for 2.6's.

   You need to mod the startup scripts to do /sys as well as /proc

   see: http://kerneltrap.org/node/view/799

So if you succeed I'd LOVE to hear from you!

James