On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 12:45:43 -0500, Mathieu Nantel wrote
> I'm not going to answer your question here, but I'm highly curious
> about how you got an ltsp client setup with dual monitors.

It's no different from doing the same with a workstation. Write a XF86Config-4
for dual (or however many) monitors and put it where the default XF86Config
for the terminals is located (/opt/ltsp/i386/etc for me), and edit lts.conf so
that the terminal of interest uses the new XF file. For example,

# XF86C for the multi-head terminal
[ws001]
        XSERVER            = auto
        LOCAL_APPS         = N
        USE_NFS_SWAP       = N
#        SWAPFILE_SIZE      = 48m
        RUNLEVEL           = 5
        XF86CONFIG_FILE = XF86Config.ws001.multihead
        X_MOUSE_EMULATE3BTN = Y

I have 2 terminals running 3 monitors each, I'm out of slots so I can't do more.

> On Wednesday 03 March 2004 11:37 am, Andrew Langdon-Davies wrote:
> > After switching to a screen running a shell or after the screen has
> > blanked, on returning to the gnome display the mouse pointer has
> > disappeared from the second monitor.

I have a similar problem, which I always put down to the ATI X drivers.. they
always leave border lines around from minimized windows, etc. Anyway, once my
screen blanks, and comes on again, I see a checker pattern on any space where
there isn't any content. I use a black background, so this corresponds to
areas where the pixels are off. Seems to be some problem syncing the monitors
back up? Anyhow, it is all OK if I go to the console (Left-ALT + F1) and then
back (Left-ALT+F2). You may have to do F3 instead of F2, depends on how many
virtual consoles you have. Sometimes however when my screen blanks, it won't
come back and I just have to reset the terminal; ususally happens overnight.
Since I use screen, I don't lose any work however.

--
bhaskar