I have been trying to get a Canon FB330P scanner working on a ltsp client.

I have downloaded and compiled the source for the backend module.  Done
all the setup mentioned in the docs.  What I think the problem is that there is
no '/dev/parport0' entry, on the client machine.  I noticed that there is an
'/etc/rc.d/usbserver' file I was wondering if there needs to be some extra setup
to establish the '/dev/parport0' character device?

I noticed that to get an entry for the par. port in the /proc/ioports file I needed
to run 'modprobe'.