Am Montag, 22. März 2004 12:35 schrieb Andrew Langdon-Davies:
> Hello,
> A prospective client dies as described below.
>
> Setup:
> Server PII 266 512RAM Mandrake 9.2 LTSP-4 NIC:3c509
> Client  486DX2-S 66Mhz (But exactly the same happens with an AM486
> DX4-100 on the same board) 16RAM NIC:3c509. No HD)
>
> I have tried different RAM modules - no difference.

Please try and run memtest86(.com) on that machine. If it detects RAM errors
this would be a good explanation. Not necessarily a bad RAM module must
produce this message - if the mainboard RAM controlling went bogus you won't
have another choice than throwing away that board probably. Even if there was
a hack (clocking down CPU and memory or the like) I'd rather not rely on that
machine anymore :-(

Regards

Anselm