Hedemark, Magnus schrieb:
> Richard Rothwell [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> > The school I teach at in England is using LTSP with
> > considerable success on the curriculum network.  We
> > have just been offered some Wyse Terminals WT3720SE's
> > and Compaq Badged 1010.
> >
> > Is it possible to use these as LTSP thin-clients?

all thin-clients I saw so far were able to boot from PXE/Network
instead of from local Flash - so the did work as LTSP Terminals.

> > I've looked through the website and can find any information.

you schould try one and see if you can set it up to always boot from PXE

> I struggled with a similar dilemma over the HP t5500 thin clients, which
> also run WinCE.

I have HP t5000 here - it works fine.
USB Mouse & keyboard was a bit tricky - but works with k12LTSP 4.0
those  k12LTSP enhancements schould go into the nomal LTPS4 packages
because they are useful!

> I ended up biting the bullet and ordering a couple from our HP vendor.  It
> turns out these are normal PC's, just without any moving parts.  There was
> a BIOS option to change the boot order to make PXE come ahead of the flash
> disk.  They work great with LTSP as well as ClusterKNOPPIX.

Why I would never by a WinCE Terminal:

  With every Terminal you buy, money is going to Microsoft!

I prefer Via mini-ITX or LEX-light booksize PCs

Greetings,
Martin Herweg

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  GnuPG Key ID F058AF8E

Linux Hard- & Software für Schulen:
http://www.lug-marl.de/kmLinuxTSE.html