On Wed, 7 Apr 2004, Neil Stone wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> | Hi
> |

> |>I'm new to the list.  All of my systems are running 2.6 kernels
> |>(gentoo).
> |>
> |>Does ltsp work with 2.6 kernels?  If not, how can I help to make this
> |>work.
> |

> | If you mean the server: On LTSP the workstations don't care about the
> server
> |                     Use LTSP-4, and don't ever bother
> |
> | If you mean the workstations: Why bother!
> |                           I'm using LTSP-4 for embedded stuff, I want
> |                           2.6 kernels, looks not-to-hard, but mail me
> |                           if you want to help in this arena, and I'm
> |                           sure LTSP will appreciate the addition.
> | James
>
> It does have native support for the Processor I intend to use... I would
> like to see a 2.6 kernel available, I am also willing to help develop
> this kernel and utils etc..etc..
>
> Anyone else up for this ?

I won't be adding 2.6 kernels to LTSP until at least version 2.6.7,
that's the magic number that i've picked for when I'll feel comfortable
that it is solid.  The 2.4 kernels are working just fine with LTSP and
I don't know that you'd get any benefit from a 2.6 kernel on the
workstation yet.

Others have successfully built 2.6 kernels for ltsp workstations, and
that's fine.  It just won't be an official part of ltsp for a while yet.

In the mean time, We're working on ltsp stuff that does add some value,
like local devices, sound, packaging, documentation.

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]