Hi,

I'm trying to use the above mentioned computers as thin clients in a
working ltsp4 setup. Hardware configuration for the digital celebris
GL5133: P133 CPU, 512k cache, 64M ram (simm), fast scsi quantum 1.2G
disk, fast scsi Plextor 6x cdrom, floppy, onboard matrox video, onboard
tulip NIC. I have removed the disk, cdrom, scsi controller, disabled
onboard NIC and added an intel eepro100 card, PXE enabled, which works
just fine in other machines on that LTSP setup. The problem is that the
machine hangs right after the pivot_root. I'm using the 2.4.24-ltsp-4
kernel (which by the way is the only ltsp kernel that even boots on that
machine). I've tried some custom compiled kernels, and got the same
results. What I get is something like:
----
Doing the pivot_root
Mounting the devfs filesystem
Running /sbin/init
Usage: init 0123456SsQqAaBbCcUu
VFS: mounted root (ext2 filesystem).
Trying to move old_root to /initrd ... failed
Unmounting old root
Trying to free ramdisk memory ... failed
Mounted devfs on /dev
Freeing unused kernel memory: 240k freed
/bin/sh: Can't open auto
Kernel panic: attempted to kill init!
----

 From the "Usage: init 0123456SsQqAaBbCcUu" line I understand that it's
trying to run the wrong init, the one from initrd, and not the one from
the nfs root. However, it mounts the root filesystem, but for some
strange reason it cannot do the pivot_root corectly. Anyone have any
ideas? We really don't know what to do next.

TIA,

Ovidiu 'sod' Moisanu