I have a custom kernel I have compiled for my clients.  It works very well
for what I need to do.  The only problem I have is with turning off the
client.  If I were to install Fedora Core 1 and set acpi=force in the
grub.conf file, reboot, acpi will work on the PC.  What I mean by work is if
I press the power button the PC shuts down and turns off.  If type init 0
the PC shuts down and turns off.  I want this behavior on the ltsp clients.
Is this possible?

My custom kernel for the terminals has acpi compiled into the kernel and so
are the button and fan options (compiled in, not modules).  When the clients
boots from my kernel it loads acpi and the client comes up and does its
thing, but there is no way I know of to do a clean shutdown.  When I want to
turn off the PC I have to hold the power button for 5 seconds.  What do I
have to do to make the client shutdown when the power button is pressed.

I realize that the script that controls the power down is in /proc/acpi/ but
there is no acpi directory in /opt/ltsp/i386/proc.  So I created a symbolic
link to the acpi directory on the server (/proc/acpi) but then the ltsp
client stopped booting.

Any suggestions?

Jason