Hello Tony,

> Hello,
> I am setting up a suse 9.0 PC for ltsp, for about 10 current W98 Pcs.
> Done the install and configure and the boot disks (one for each NIC) and dhcp etc.
> Now it all works in text mode.
> There is a mix of video cards, 4 X cirrus logic 5465, 2 X Ati 3-D
> rage IIC, 2 X ati rage pro, Tseng labs et4000, matrox mystique.
> I see there is only one lts.conf file so i am not quite sure how to proceed.
> Should i use xfree 3.x or 4.x? I just need the 800X600X256 mode.
> I expect i could find an XF86Config file for each card on the
> Internet.
> But where do i put the XF86Config file(s). Right now build_x4_cfg
> seems to run generate /tmp/XF86Config when I type startx at the
> command prompt.
> TIA

> Tony

You can use different sections (recommendation: Use MAC addresses of
nodes) in lts.conf - this cood roughly look like

#... general section ...
RUNLEVEL=4

[00:11:22:33:44:55]
#... section for node with ethernet hardware addr 00:11:22:33:44:55
PRINTER_TYPE=S

[aa:1a:bc:50:42:44]
RUNLEVEL=3

Then of course you can select for each node separately wether to use
XFree 3.x or 4.x, or which parameters to pass. The XF86Config file is
generated automagically from what is specified in lts.conf.

You have the option to hand in a pre-set XF86Config file, by putting
it e.g. to /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/special-XF86Config and specifying

XF86CONFIG_FILE = /etc/special-XF86Config

It's in the docs: www.ltsp.org -> Documentation->Full doc->chapter 8

HTH

Anselm