When you say install a small boot server at each remote site, what is this boot server's purpose, to be the DHCP server for the thin clients to allow it to talk to a host site (or another site)? What if the router has a built-in DHCP server?

In regards to setting the proper default router (gateway), shouldn't the DHCP boot server, or maybe a router with a DHCP server, at the remote site do this?

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: andre azaroff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Ltsp-discuss] thin client through vpn
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 10:25:34 -0400 (EDT)

Andre,

The only way I recommend setting up a remote office is to include a
small boot server at the remote end.  It just needs to have the basics
on it.  All apps can still run at the main office.

You are probably having trouble with dhcp, because it works by sending a
broadcast, which won't go through a router.

You probably also have a routing issue.  The thin client may not have
the correct default route setup.

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]