On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 10:32:49AM -0300, Jose de Paula Eufr?sio Junior wrote:
> floppyd is running on my clients, but exactly what it's supposed to
> do? :)

It allows someone logged on to the server from a client to access the
floppy drive of the client.

I use it with mtools. Install mtools on the server, add this line to the
/etc/mtools.conf file:

drive a: file="$DISPLAY" remote 1.44m mformat_only

Then, from a terminal window you can use the mtools:

mdir a:
mcopy file a:
mcopy "a:*.*" .

etc.

Also, in a KDE konqueror window you can access the floppy (via mtools)
with:

floppy:/a

There are probably other ways as well.

--
Norman Gaywood, Systems Administrator
School of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science

[EMAIL PROTECTED]            Phone: +61 (0)2 6773 2412
http://turing.une.edu.au/~norm    Fax:   +61 (0)2 6773 3312