Luciano,
I'm not very clear on what performance you want to improve. Boot time, normal use, or both? How often are these machines booted during the day?

What is the packet loss and response time accross your wireless link?

I too have 4 ltsp clients on the other side of a wireless link. My speed is 18Mbps duplex (9Mbps one way). I see only a slight difference when downloading the kernel etc. Other than that, performance is equal to wired side.

Christian