[ws001]
       X_MOUSE_PROTOCOL   = "Microsoft"
       X_MOUSE_DEVICE     = "/dev/ttyS0"
       X_MOUSE_RESOLUTION = 50
       X_MOUSE_BUTTONS    = 3
       XSERVER = XF86_SVGA
       X_VIDEORAM = 2048
       X_COLOR_DEPTH = 16

X_HORZSYNC = 31-68 X_VERTREFRESH = 50-60 #X_MODE_0 = 640x480 #X_MODE_0 = 800x600 X_MODE_0 = 1024x768

       XkbModel =  "pc105"
       XkbLayout = "si"

perhaps you saw in my previus thread, but my system worked, I logged onto workstation, performed work, shared dialup connection with server etc. many times, then all of a sudden it stopped working (that was all on suse 9.0), i didn't change any setting, now on gentoo 2004.1 still same problem (though I didn't work even once)
lts.conf setting worked, I had to tweak them many times to get proper server/resolution etc.
server and client both have rtl8139 based nic's.
could it be the ltsp kernel problem (vmlinuz-2.4.24-ltsp-1)?
how do I disable swap?

thanks

Sorry for missing the : in the mount server:/... and so on
Looks like your NFS is working fine but your ltsp client is dying
between mounting the / share (the /opt/ltsp/i386) and the swap share
(/var/opt/ltsp/swapfiles)

With reference to your /var/log/messages grepped for mountd where you
only had one entry it seems that your client never gets to the point of
mounting the swap :-\

I will see if I can replicate the problem here with disabling swap and
so on.
Btw. how does your lts.conf file look in the /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/
directory?

Best regards