Have you taken a look at the K12 and Skolelinux -projects?

They basicly offers all the features needed in a school/campus enviroment. At
least skolelinux is widely adopted in Norway, so they probably have a lot of
experience and companies who provide consultance.

http://www.skolelinux.org/portal/index_html
http://k12ltsp.org/

--
Otto Kekäläinen