Hi Georg,

Hm, it's the teacher's PC, maybe we should leave it as it is, after all he's not intended to interfer when students concentrate on surfing the web... :-))

> This card is not supported by etherboot. I just corrected the database.

Thanks for the clarification, so I'll have a good conscience when I buy another one

> Linux seems to support it, at least I find the pci ids in the driver fealnx in 2.4.26.

Oh I see...

>> I tried the old 2.0.5-ROM I still have here, and it just says it cannot
>

> You mean 5.2.0?

No, wait, it was eb-5.0.9-rtl8139.lzdsk

The newer ROMs come in zdsk format and are much bigger, why's that?

Well, I'll go to one of those shops and buy another cheap card but I'll take care it has an identifiable NIC on it.

Rolf