Am Freitag, 2. Juli 2004 15:50 schrieb Jason Mielke:
> OK,
> I now have activated local apps on the thin client.  I can use ssh to
> log into the thin client from a gnome-terminal as a user.  - and I can
> do it without being prompted for a password.  But I cannot log into the
> workstation as root.  I tried this on two different LTSP-4 systems.
> Both generate the same result: Connection to ws001 closed.  When I turn
> the ssh debugging on I see that root was indeed successfully
> authenticated and as soon as root is authenticated the session is
> closed.  BTW: permitrootlogin is set to yes.
> Any ideas?
> Jason Mielke

Check that the root shell is set to a valid shell in /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/passwd
 - in case you really want to do that. Perhaps "su" is a better way of
achieving the same results?
The "root" account data usually is one of very few magic accounts that are
_not_ synced through NIS, so that's why, just in case someone wants to
know :-)

Anselm