Peter,

Is the nsc driver working ok for you ?

If you get a chance, could you try setting

    XSERVER = cyrix

That's the Xserver that is supposed to work for that chipset.

It's a patch that I've created for XFree86 and Xorg.  It's entirely
possible that it's my cyrix driver that is causing all the problems.

Athough, I do have about 25 of the J-125's working just fine at a
customer using the cyrix driver.

Earlier versions of the nsc driver didn't work well on the J-125, so we
didn't use it.

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]