I have it almost working now. I had to append some kernel parameters to lilo
and I also forget the initrd. Now I have the client booting, doing the pivot
root and all and right after init it dies again with the message that it
can't mount the root fs. The strange thing is, that it is rooting the file
system over nfs above...

I'm pretty lost now :(

I have also tried to compile my own kernel with nfs support. It boots, get's
an ip from the dhcp server and then dies with the message that it can't
mount the root fs on <null>?

Are there any instructions to build my own kernel for ltsp, without an
initrd?

regards,
Chris