Hi Craig,

that's right, an odd one (or some kind of fucking bullshit?)

All storage seems to be good. I've tested with a new kernel
(gentoo-dev-sorces-2.6.7-r11), the old one was a 2.4.23-win4lin with "better"
results. It ist possible to log into xdm, then the server freezes. Well, some
kind of bullshit.

I'm not shure if the problem is caused by changing the mainboard. I will do
some tests with the old one and an other i875 board, i tell you the results.

> Out of interest, when the server crashes do you see anything on the
> console? Do the keyboard LEDs start blinking?

Well I can see the latest snapshot with a flashing cursor. The keyboard LEDs
are not flashing like a normal kernel panic.

Christian
--
Fisch+Fischer Veranstaltungstechnik
Christian Fischer