On Fri, 2004-08-27 at 10:27, David Johnston wrote:

> Did you do this on the remote host, or before telnetting?  Also, for
> <BS>, don't type "<BS>", just hit the backspace key (I'm sorry if I
> wasn't clear).

I attempted just about everything.  Of course bash interprets the
backspace (and backspaces over the space) so I am assuming that actually
pressing the backspace accomplishes nothing but clearing the space
between the stty command's options of erase and what keystroke to
interpret.

stty erase \^H

seems to have the desired effect because when I execute stty -a from a
new terminal erase=^? then stty erase=\^H followed by stty -a yeilds
erase=^H

stty erase <space then the backpsace key>

yeilds the result

stty: missing argument to `erase'
Try `stty --help' for more information.

because bash interprets the backspace.  So just for fun I tried
$ stty erase 0x08
and
$ stty erase 0x7f
and it seemed to yeild the desired effect in the output of stty -a but
not in the behavior of my program.

>From a virtual console on a linux machine I can get exactly the results
I want with loadkeys.  Now I need to figure out how to compile loadkeys
for ltsp or get the vendor to fix the program.

Dirk