On Wed, 01 Sep 2004, Reed Loefgren wrote:

> We have been using SuSE on our old servers but that
> hasn't been the world's greatest experience

Before blaming the distro (you do not say what your problems were) I
would put in a lighter window manager.

Window Managers are the showcase of a distro, and on a single user setup
you were not doing anything else anyway while the animated resize with
sound effects was chowing all your CPU.

However 30 users can chow not only CPU but network bandwidth, especially
on old graphics cards without acceleration.

I use Redhat (Whitebox, actually) and XFCE4. Others use IceWM.

I am sure the same would apply to FreeBSD window managers.

Cheers,    Andy!