The new X11R6.8.0 uses XDamage to reduce video rendering latency by reducing the redraw API to only the areas that are affected. This would make a very good speed improvement to many applications.

My question is how does this effect rendering via XDMCP? I would like to know if anyone starts using the X11R6.8.0 from X.org and if they find any speed improvements.

Roy Souther
www.SiliconTao.com

Let Open Source help your business move beyond.

For security this message is digitally authenticated by GnuPG.