Phillip,

That modification looks reasonable to me, except for one thing.

modprobe looks in the modules.dep file, to see if any other modules also
need to be loaded, and it loads those too.
Also, with modprobe, you just give it the name of the module, but with
insmod, you need to give it the entire path, including the '.o' suffix.
So, you'll need to specify something more like:

insmod /lib/modules/2.4.24-ltsp-1/kernel/drivers/pcmcia/i82365.o
irq_mod=0

Although i'm almost certain that the path I used for an example above
isn't going to be correct for your use.  You'll need to see within the
initrd tree, exactly where the i82365.o file is.

Hope that helps,

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]