Patrick,

If the monitor is going blank, then you are probably over-driving it.

Take a look at:  http://www.ltsp.org/contrib/modelines.html

Keep in mind that because you are using a custom XF86Config file, any
modeline changes will have to go in that file, instead of the lts.conf
file.

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]