Simon,

I think the problem is the ltsp-sound.sh script (usually in
/etc/profile.d) is running ltspinfo, to connect to the ltspinfod daemon
that is normally running on the ltsp thin clients.  The problem is, you
don't have a ltspinfod running on your Exceed terminals.

We need a way to tell ltspinfo to give up more quickly than it is.

For now, you could edit /etc/profile.d/ltsp-sound.sh, and way up at the
top of the script, you could test for various values of $DISPLAY, and
do a premature exit.

something like:

   if [ "${DISPLAY}" = "ws020:0.0" ];
     exit 0
   fi

That should help the situation, until we fix ltspinfo to behave better.

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]