Hi,

I am using LTSP-4.1 (although I've also tried 3.0), and have a working LTSP environment for booting PCs. I have tried to get a HP t5515 thin client working and it gets as far as 'Loading bzImage-2.4.26-ltsp-2....' and just freezes.

I have done a tcpdump on the communications and have found that the kernel image is being requested and the tftp server starts to send the file to the client and then after 20 or so packets the client freezes and the server keeps retrying to resend the last failed UDP packet.

I have tried to do the same tftp get from another linux client and it does work and the checksum is correct also.

I think I have ruled out port negotiation issues as when the supplied HP Linux flash based distro boots things can talk just fine on the network.

Is there something about the t5515 that doesn't like to PXE boot properly?

Any ideas or suggestions welcome.

Regards

Phil Lewis
Unix Systems Administrator