Hi,

I recently used the localdev.txt file to get up and running local
workstations cdrom and floppy drives under Gentoo.  I wrote up a
document which is similar to the localdev.txt one and links to it, but
includes some extra info and Gentoo specific instructions.  If you would
like me to add any information to the page, or some corrections needed,
please let me know:
http://www.evosys.com.au/articles/ltspgentoocdrom.php

Thanks
Mark Saward