Phil,

If you do a range of IP addresses, dynamically assigned, the server
won't tell the workstation its own hostname.  So, the workstation won't
know.

The way around this is to assign a static IP address via dhcp, OR,
use the IP address or MAC address in the lts.conf file.

either:

 [192.168.0.1]

or

 [00:30:00:11:22:33]

probably the 2nd way is better, because if you are dynamically assigning
ip addresses, there is no guarantee that it will assign the same IP
address each time the workstation boots.

Jim McQuillan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]