You need to Setup NIS,
I was facing the same problem some time ago.
Read the NIS/NIS+ How to..www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/NIS-HOWTO.html
and go according. make there are some ssh issues also.
There is a link which will help you to do
that.http://www.ltsp.org/ltsp-4.html#localapps

I also did xhost +
 on clients from the terminal.
and for xmms sound i had to do something like
chmod a+rw /dev/sound/dsp
chmod a+rw /dev/sound/mixer
and
chmod a+rw /tmp