Tom,
 I use the tftpd-hpa package with good results.

Pete -- http://www.elbnet.com ELB Internet Service, Inc. Web Design, Computer Consulting, Internet Hosting

Tom Allison wrote:
I get a message that "TFTP too many packages" and then it fails.

It seems that my DHCPD configuration is incorrect so I'm changing it to:
              filename              "/lts/2.4.26-ltsp-2/pxelinux.0";

Based on some googling.

But this fails after retrying a series of pxelinux configuration trials, ending in 'default'

It seems that the tftpd server I've installed doesn't support the the tsize option.

 From debian I have two options: atftpd, tftpd-hpa

Any experience on which might be the simplest to work with?
I would like to use PXE where available.