hi

I walked thru MuNAS website. It only support kernel 2.2 right?

The following will only get you sound from applications that can output
sound through Arts or ESD-enabled applications. If you need sound from
other applications, save yourself the trouble and buy MuNAS from
advancedthintech.com. That's also the easiest approach to install (no, I
don't have anything to do with them, I'm just a satisfied customer who
is alsa frustrated by the state of open source in this area).

To install sound the open source way:

- Change sound daemon on client to "nas". Reboot it. Make sure you can
play sound on the clients hardware (for instance, install the program
"bplay" on server, copy it to /opt/ltsp/i386/usr/bin, and copy
a .wav-file to /opt/ltsp/i386, change SCREEN_02 = shell and hit Ctrl+F2
on client and "bplay test.wav"). You might need to disable LTSP sound on
client while testing this.
(- Kill all arts daemons running on server.)
- Run the nas testing applications.
- Run "artsd -a nas &" from a terminal in X on the server.
- Now you can play sound from all arts-enabled applications. Those who
are not, try with artsdsp ("artsdsp bplay test.wav" on the server).
- When satisfied, drop "artsd -a nas &" into the X startup scripts
(/etc/X11/Xsession.d on my Debian server).

// Dag Sverre

For additional LTSP help, try #ltsp channel on irc.freenode.net

See also http://opensource.mimos.my