Hi everybody,

currently i'm using ltsp-3.x in my office with appr. 60 (thin)clients connected to it. as the load on the server is getting higher and higher and almost reaches a critical level, i'm thinking of moving of the most resource consuming applications (such as mozilla-firefox & thunderbird, openoffice) to the clients.

but there are a couple of things, which concern me. these are:

- as the ldd /usr/bin/mozilla-firefox does not give me a usuable information on what dynamic libaries this binary is linked to (not a dynamic executable), i guessed it uses the dlopen() system calls instead.
- according to the instructions i found on the official site, i ran mozilla with strace, diverting its output to a file, then tried to grep the file seeking for loaded shared libaries.
- but here is my problem. what if firefox, which runs on sarge, is compiled with a different version of GNU C complier and with a different version of libc6 (which i'm sure is), than the ltsp root environment? will it work in this case?
- does anyone happen to have ltsp_local_mozilla .deb package, or can advise me, where i can find it?

any help is appriciated.

Thanks,
Frank