Hi,

I've successfully tried LTSP 3 and 4.0 in the past. Now I've started using LTSP 4.1 for my small office network and I'm having configuration problems with my nic.

The thin clients I got from Diskless Workstations autonegotiate at 100 MB/s, full-duplex. The same is true for the terminal server. The main machines I'm concerned with are my Compaq Deskpro 4000s with the tlan integrated nics. I would like to force them into using 10 Mb/s and full-duplex mode. Add this this to my dhcpd.conf file for each host didn't work:
option option-128 e4:45:74:68:00:00;
option option-129 "ether=11,1000,0x0C,eth0";

I've used this method with the older versions of the LTSP package and I recall things working fine, even with the stock kernel. Now, only one boots in full-duplex while three others boot in half-duplex.
From my observations, the side-effect of not matching the duplex
settings to that of the server is you get a really, really slow interface.

Any suggestions on how to force the duplex settings on my tlan cards? Also, why don't the tlan nics autonegotiate properly? Could there be something wrong with my network?

Best regards, Kevin Valentine