Mandag den 6. december 2004 16:25 skrev Jim McQuillan:
> Verner,
>
> How much memory do you hve in your thin clients?
>
> If it's less than 32mb, you should consider turning on NFS Swap.
>
> Jim McQuillan
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, Verner [iso-8859-1] KjÃrsgaard wrote:
> > Hi List,
> >
> > - I've got nearly all working now, NIC/Floppy boot and all.
> >
> > The ltsp system is running on SuSE9.2 - and works perfectly well for a
> > number of clients.
> >
> > On some old TULIP machines, however, I get the XDM (changed from KDM just
> > for trying) login - and no more. When I try a login, the client X-server
> > crashes and respawns.
> >
> > If I use KDM, I don't even get that far. I sometimes see the blue
> > clockwork of SuSE's  - and then X crashes again.
> >
> > The server-log says
> > --------------------------
> > Dec  6 15:14:48 SuSE92    : pam_unix2: session started for user vk,
> > service xdm
> > Dec  6 15:15:32 SuSE92    : pam_unix2: session finished for user vk,
> > service xdm
> > --------------------------
> >
> > Any clue??
> >
> > --
> > -------------------
> > Verner KjÃrsgaard
> >
> > Open Source Academy
> > SvalhÃjvej 13
> > DK-3790 Hasle
> > +45 56964223
> > For additional LTSP help,   try #ltsp channel on irc.freenode.net

Hi again,

- I have 128Mb in some and 128Mb+32Mb in others.
- maybe I forgot to mention that if I use XDM instead of KDM, I get the login
which then never logs in, but crashes and respawns X.

- Despite these problems, I still want to say that project ltsp is a godsend
lifesaver! I mean, we're now running a number of very fast PCs on very low
graded hardware - giving a superior IT-experience to a many more students
that otherwise possible. And - as it's utterly stable hence low-cost. No
maintenance, once it's setup. And the staff just love that uppon entering a
classroom with 15 PCs, they've got 15 working PCs! When the student hits
"print", it prints. And I could go on.

I'm spreading the word...

Best regards,
Verner