Op woensdag 8 december 2004 13:15, schreef Thomas Reifferscheid:
> I do this by samba.
> My setup is here: http://134.93.168.49/~reiffert/ltsp/
> with one time (short) passwords.

Thomas, will those changes be merge with the ltsp mainstream?

> On Wed, 8 Dec 2004, Marcus Purper wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I want to simplify the access to local devices for my useres. Thats my
> > idea:
> > The file-manager Konqueror can change to a certain directory while it
> > starts ("kfmclient openUrl something"). "Something" can also be a
> > variable, for example "$home" changes into the user directory, "$host"
> > into one with the name of the computer (LTSP aöways uses here the
> > server's name).

I have mine local devices located at /media/ws/xxx/{floppy,cdrom}
(I have to admit I have problems reading them with konqueror though :( )

I can use:
FLOPPYDIR="/media/$(echo $DISPLAY  | cut -d. -f1 | sed 's,ws,ws/,')/floppy"

I think something similar will work for you too.

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless