Am Mittwoch, 12. Januar 2005 18:42 schrieb Emmanuel PUERTO:
> HI,
> I have some problem with my ISA NIC (it is a NE2000 clone).
> I start on floppy, but i have a parnic kernel because i must indicate to
> the kernel that i have a ISA NIC in dhcpd.conf.
>
> Or i have make some change in my dhcpd, restart but i have always the same
> message.
>
>  host tx_01 {
>   hardware ethernet 00:40:05:E5:0D:3E;
>   fixed-address 192.168.51.100;
>   filename "/lts/vmlinuz-2.4.26-ltsp-2";
>   option option-128 00:40:05:E5:0D:3E;
>   option option-129 "NIC=ne IO=0x300";
>  }
> }
>
> Of course, i have restarted my dhcpd but always the same message.
> When i want to see the message on console, i didn't see NIC=ne IO=0x300 in
> the line parameter for the kernel :(

As far as I know etherboot does NOT display anything of those command line
options, just passes them to the kernel. Could you give the last about 10
lines of the terminal, so we could see wether it's perhaps rather a network
card issue than some etherboot problem? And just a dumb question - that card
is configured to run on port 0x300, non-plug and play? (etherboot should
display which settings it uses).

Regards
Anselm