Rolf,
You'll want to use PXE. The VIA mini-itx boards should have this built in with the onboard NIC. You wont need boot roms.

I'm not sure what you are asking about the riser card, floppy, and USB.

Eilert wrote:
Hi all, hi Horst Prote,

I wanted to start ordering parts for a thin client, but there are two questions I'd like to ask about the mini-itx thing before.

Is there a boot ROM socket for the onboard network card or a built-in boot ROM? Or how do you boot for LTSP from your clients?

Which direction does the riser card have to point to in your configuration?

By the way, the VIA EPIA-VE 5000A doesn't seem to be available anymore, instead the one with TV-out is still there. Would you say a floppy port make sense (is there space for a floppy in the case?) or should I look for one of those boards that support USB 2.0 instead?

I'll BCC this to your personal mail address.

Rolf